Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Untouchable Oprah Sells Books and Obama

We will soon see the Oprah effect. I personally have never seen her show , so what do I know. I know she has a school in poor suburbs of Texas, no no not Texas, the inner cities like Oakland or Detroit, no not there either, maybe it was the little town in Iowa that lost 65 percent of its jobs to outsourcing no not there. Maybe she opened an education center in the depressed manufacturing towns of the Midwest. NO SHE DID NOT She opened a multimillion dollar school in South Africa. I think that is great helping South Africa and all that but it is a matter of loyalty, not to your past heritage but to your present! I think most celebrities sees the world differently then most Americans. I'll bet most Americans feel deeply about starving people all over the world yet have a hard time finding South Africa on a map. Celebrities travel the world and it it EASY TO SEE the discrepancies of our living standards with most of the worlds. Do they look into the soft underbelly of our own society. Do they drive their foreign made cars on 495 out of Malibu and stop to see the poverty in East LA have they taken the time to see America? I'm certain if they had ,they would get the same feelings about helping the less fortunate that prompted their outpouring of philanthropy, but it would be here in their own backyard.
Well so much for a criticism about celebrity.
Will Oprah help Obama? I think her endorsement will help with those who didn't read before Oprah told them to read. I think the majority of people will think that she is just a Rich Black Woman backing a Rich Black Guy for the reason of Race alone. Those who like him now will still like him and those who are on the fence will still be on the fence. Unless of course they didn't read before Oprah told them to read.

No comments:


Boy do I miss Moms cookin

Contributors