Wednesday, December 12, 2007

religion in politics

Good blog on impeachment Rick, I completely agree that Bush and Cheney should be impeached if only to show the rest of the world that not all of us have bought into his program. The world needs to know that at least the Democrats in this country know the difference between right and wrong and still have the cojones to do something about it....... Last week I had a conversation with a born-again Christian, a mutual friend who you will immediately recognize. We were talking about the Republican debate from the previous day and I asked him if he thought a Morman should be elected President. His reply was "absolutely not". His answer was the same for Catholics, Protestants,Hindus,Muslims etc. I then asked who was the worst President he had seen in his lifetime and his answer was George Bush. I asked if he knew that Bush is a born-again Christian and his mouth dropped open. He became very obviously flustered and said "no way, he's just a Christian". I assured him that George claims to be born-again, he informed that he needed to do research on it and would get back to me. The following day he did not bring up the subject so I finally asked him what he had found out. He answered that just as Bush claims to be born-again ,the Devil also claims to be many things. Following this line of thinking, I would have to assume that Bush talks to the Devil instead of to God as he so often claims. ..... Maybe we could start a Christians for Impeachment movement!

No comments:


Boy do I miss Moms cookin

Contributors