Monday, January 7, 2008

The romantic vs the realist


The passionate shepherd

to his love


COME live with me and be my Love,

And we will all the pleasures prove

That hills and valleys, dale and field,

And all the craggy mountains yield.



There will we sit upon the rocks

5

And see the shepherds feed their flocks,

By shallow rivers, to whose falls

Melodious birds sing madrigals.



There will I make thee beds of roses

And a thousand fragrant posies,

10

A cap of flowers, and a kirtle

Embroider'd all with leaves of myrtle.



A gown made of the finest wool

Which from our pretty lambs we pull,

Fair linèd slippers for the cold,

15

With buckles of the purest gold.



A belt of straw and ivy buds

With coral clasps and amber studs:

And if these pleasures may thee move,

Come live with me and be my Love.

20



Thy silver dishes for thy meat

As precious as the gods do eat,

Shall on an ivory table be

Prepared each day for thee and me.



The shepherd swains shall dance and sing

25

For thy delight each May-morning:

If these delights thy mind may move,

Then live with me and be my Love.



By Christopher Marlowe

There has been discussion about poetry and prose in this race and that of inspiring words. Barack is is the passionate shepherd painting a rosy picture for the us to be wooed into voting for him. This romantic picture works well on young impressionable girls. I'll bet Barack is quite familiar with Marlowe's work. But as back then like today someone must speak up for the poor girl before she falls for the dream. In the words of John Donne and Hillary Clinton

The Bait

Come live with me, and be my love,
And we will some new pleasures prove
Of golden sands, and crystal brooks,
With silken lines, and silver hooks.

There will the river whispering run
Warm'd by thy eyes, more than the sun;
And there the '
enamour'd fish will stay,
Begging themselves they may betray.

When thou wilt swim in that live bath,
Each fish, which every channel hath,
Will amorously to thee swim,
Gladder to catch thee, than thou him.

If thou, to be so seen,
be'st loth,
By sun or moon, thou
dark'nest both,
And if myself have leave to see,
I need not their light having thee.

Let others freeze with angling reeds,
And cut their legs with shells and weeds,
Or treacherously poor fish beset,
With strangling snare, or
windowy net.

Let coarse bold hands from slimy nest
The bedded fish in banks out-wrest;
Or curious traitors, sleeve-silk flies,
Bewitch poor fishes'
wand'ring eyes.

For thee, thou
need'st no such deceit,
For thou thyself art thine own bait:
That fish, that is not
catch'd thereby,
Alas, is wiser far than I.


REALITY!!!!!

Ramblings and Thoughts with this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was my posting to www.hillaryclinton.com

Hillary you ROCK! Your New Hampshire speech was powerful. Congratulations on this enormous victory. I can see your compassion to change this nation for the better. Majority of the people in this country have spent the last 7 years struggling financially with the price of gas on the rise, jobs being outsourced, cost of pharmaceuticals, healthcare costs, homes foreclosed, and to top it off dealing with a president that could care less about the people that make up this nation. You've heard our plea for help, you listened and we're ready for you to take the Presidency and execute.

You have my VOTE in California.

I want to thank my husband for creating this blog so I can voice my political opinion. This is my scream to the world:
VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON!!!

I believe deep in my heart she is the one and ONLY person that can bring America back to the roots of what makes this country the greatest country to live in. Our current president has let us down and ruined this country.

Hillary will FIGHT for the people's best interest, FIGHT for our jobs, FIGHT for our health, FIGHT for our children's future, FIGHT for economic stability, FIGHT for our hopes and dreams to be reality, FIGHT for Peace amongst all countries, FIGHT to end the WAR!

Now it is our turn to repay her by giving her your VOTE!

Vote for Clinton 2008!


Boy do I miss Moms cookin

Contributors